|Business size||Not applicable|
|Area of green Expertise||Procurement|
|We support all business clubs in the Waasland region.|
|Contact||Contact this case study|
Interwaas is a partnership that supports the regional development of the municipalities Beveren, Kruibeke, Lokeren, Sint-Gillis-Waas, Sint-Niklaas, Temse and Waasmunster.
Interwaas promotes, as a local player, the development of the Waasland region through services, projects and advocacy.
We promote and support (renewable) energy measures in our own building, in housing projects, during the development and realization of carbon neutral industrial estates and in public buildings.
Interwaas provides loans for individuals (households) at low interest rates. These loans are specifically for the implementation of energy saving measures to houses (according to FRGE).
Interwaas is a local entity in the FRGE. This is the Fund for Reduction of Global Energy cost.
We have realized:
- The commission of EPB certificates (Energy Performance Certificates) for public buildings in the Waasland region
- Periodic reporting on water quality (mapping) in the Waasland region
- The organization of masterclasses on Corporate Sustainability in cooperation with POM East Flanders
- The organization of masterclasses on Energy Management EN 16001 in cooperation with POM East Flanders
- The creation of a helpdesk on Sustainable Procurement
- The development of carbon neutral industrial estates.
Tackling the energy problem is vital to provide future generations with an opportunity for development and prosperity. As a public body we clearly have an exemplary role.
- Working on (renewable) energy topics can only be successful with the support of the management.
- You need to remain critical towards your own actions and ambitions.
- Quantify the energy measures in financial terms (maybe not so common in public institutions).
POM East Flanders